I have the utmost respect for this man
I have the utmost respect for this man
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
Reasons I will never breed an animal. Ever.
Some years ago I Xeroxed an article on Basset Hounds from an old magazine. I think it was “Country Life in America,” dating back to the 1900s. And the Bassets in the photos looked nothing like the Bassets you see nowadays.
Shinoda Mariko in LOVE MARY Dresses
I had a wonderful weekend, I hope you guys did too! Even though there was no Walking Dead last night…I am still in good spirits. I did a few positive things this weekend. For one, I bought myself a keyboard. I sing, it’s my passion. I used to pursue it professionally, but I “retired” so that I could have a steady job.
I love my job, but I feel like I am missing a creative outlet. So therefore, I bought a keyboard. It felt really good.
I have also told you guys that I’m moving to New Jersey. I don’t know ANYONE. So rather than creepily hanging out with my boyfriend constantly, I decided to try to make my own way there, my own friends. On Sunday I auditioned for a community theatre production of Spamalot. I honestly don’t even want a part, I just want to be in the ensemble and make friends. No pressure, just good old fun. That way I am incorporating something I am passionate about back into my life, all while making friends and starting over in a new place. I am excited for this new chapter in my life.
The audition was fun, but the best part about Sunday was the snow. It was so gorgeous!! Gary took me to a really beautiful hiking trail to enjoy it. He really is the best. When we got home, he made me some homemade Cocoa. I’m still looking for the catch with this one. He is too good to be true. I’ll let you know if I find one :)
This amazingly beautiful weather, the smell of fireplaces, the Christmas decorations, the music, the cocoa, the treats…I love the fall/winter. I really do. I love pumpkin EVERYTHING this time of year. I decided to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to satisfy my sweet tooth, and give me a nutritious breakfast for the week. SOOOO yummy!
⅓ Cup Pumpkin Puree
⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
¼ Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
3 Eggs, Whisked
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
½ Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
In another bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, powdered ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Use an ice cream scoop to one scoop of batter per muffin. Makes 5 full muffins.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Click on the picture to add to pinterest
A lot of people underestimate the power that nutrition has over our health and our physique.
You can spend hours working hard in the gym, but if you aren’t eating to meet your goals, you won’t reach them. There are so many different styles out there to do just that (i.e.. clean eating, paleo, iifym, etc…). The important thing is to find what you enjoy, what works for YOU specifically (we are all unique) and STICK to it long-term. Remember, you cannot eat well and exercise for a few weeks or months until you reach your goal, and then go back to binging on candy and pizza and expect your body not to go back to the way it was as well. ️ For long-term results, make it a lifestyle, not just a diet!
Bronies are really one of the best and most prominent examples of male entitlement tbh
They are literally demanding that this show for young girls be catered directly to them and no one else and LEGITIMATELY view themselves as the main demographic for this show
one time i was at my friend’s house while her sister was getting arrested and 3 cops walk into the house one checks all the rooms and when he looks in the first bathroom there i am sitting on the toilet seat in south park boxers shaving my legs and we just lock eyes and i just kinda freeze and after like 4 seconds of absolute silence i’m like “…what seems to be the problem officer” and he shut the door on me
DO NOT BUY A BUNNY JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW A CUTE PHOTO ON THE INTERNET!!! DO NOT BUY ANY ANIMAL JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW A CUTE PHOTO ON THE INTERNET. DO RESEARCH FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF THAT ANIMAL. PETS ARE NOT HANDBAGS DO NOT TREAT THEM AS SUCH
And that’s how I got a concussion
IM LAUGHING SO HARD I THOUGHT IT WAS A GIANT BOTTLE FALLING OVER AND CRUSHING HIM OH MY GOD
Husband animates joke about tortilla chips told by his drunk wife.
This is my favorite. She sounds so cute ahh
This is unrelated to everything, but if this doesn’t make you laugh or at least smile I don’t know what will.